Hello! I’m so happy you’re here and I’m looking forward to getting to know you! But first, I bet you’d like to know a little about me.
- Formally, I am certified to coach you through your eating disorder recovery by the Carolyn Costin Institute (CCI). What does that mean? It means I’ve completed extensive training through CCI and supervision hours directly under Carolyn Costin. I am also trained to work collaboratively with you and your team (most likely a therapist and/or registered dietitian) so that together we can all work towards meeting your recovery goals.
- Eating Disorder wise, I get it. I suffered with my own eating disorder, disordered thoughts and behaviors, and body dysmorphic disorder for well over 30 years and have gone through my own extensive recovery process and can say I am fully recovered today. I have also worked hard to process and resolve past traumas.
- Professionally, working with people striving to strengthen their true selves and realize what glorious human beings they are is my love and passion! So, I made the jump from the corporate world to working with people to accept the “human” part of their “being”.
- I am also a pretty hard-core eating disorder advocate both legislatively and on raising awareness to bring attention to the prevalence of eating disorders in our communities and the lack of and need for eating disorder specific care and health coverage. I also volunteer with local non-profits and other eating disorder organizations as time permits.
- Personally, I am a mother of two young, extraordinary adults who are in their early twenties. Our family is more like a “squad” and they were both inspirational and supportive through some of my toughest years. I aspire to be like them. Now that my kiddos have moved on to “adulting”, my two little dogs Bella and Charlotte are now my favorites…j/k, but seriously!
- Now, tell me a bit about yourself and what brings you here! Let me know how I can help. If you’re not sure, reach out anyway and we can figure it out together!